The Department of Psychiatry at Narayani Hospital, is committed to providing comprehensive, co-ordinated and compassionate psychiatric care to children, adolescents and adults. The focus is on providing psychiatric, psychological and behavioural health services for all age groups in a friendly and caring atmosphere. The care is customised to the patient’s needs using various modalities of treatment, which are usually on an outpatient basis.
The care for children includes evaluation and psycho-educational testing for learning disabilities which includes IQ tests, personality assessment, ADHD assessment and self-inventory scales. Children are evaluated for autism spectrum diseases and treated appropriately with a multipronged approach that includes counselling, behavioural therapy and medication.
Treatments and Procedures
- Family counselling services
- Marriage counselling services
- Individual, group, couples and family therapy
- Evaluation and treatment for substance abuse, depression and anxiety
- Management of autism, aspergers syndrome and conduct disorders
Head of Department: